Welcome to ProctELKU Specimen Database Based on the Parasitic Wasp Collection Preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University !
A database ProctELKU is a specimen database based on the parasitic wasp collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratoty, Kyushu University. Prof. Keizo Yasumatsu of the Entomological Laboratory of Kyushu University succeeded in the biological control using Anicetus beneficus for the first time. We accumulated many specimens of parasitic wasps in the laboratory. The number of the specimens belonging to the Proctotrupoidea which were identified at genus level is 7,689 in total at present (August 31, 2011). Each record is consists of 19 items according to a format of the Darwin Core of the Global Biodiversity Information Facility(GBIF), such as scientific name, country, collecting locality, collecting date, collector, etc.
The related parasitic wasp database file is as follows:
- Image database TOBIKOBACHI based on the encyrtid wasp collection of Dr. T. Tachikawa
Type specimen database TachikawaType based on Dr. Tachikawa’s parasitic wasp type collection
The ProctELKU is managed by a text database management system SIGMA.
The ProctELKU file is supported by a Grant-in-Aid for Publication of Scientific Research Results (Head Investigator: Osamu Tadauchi) from the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science.
The use of data in this database is free of charge if the objective is academic study or educational purposes.
Data and Tags are the Following 19 items.
|2.||(DATE)||Date Last Modified|
|6.||(BR)||Basis of Record|
|14.||(AU)||Scientific Name Author|
|19.||(REL)||Relation Type (host)|
|Date Last Modified||2011. 02. 28|
|Scientific Name||Gryon yamagishii sp. n.|
|Basis of Record||S|
|Scientific Name Author||Mineo|
|Locality||Obama, Nagasaki, Kyushu|
|Relation Type (associated plants)|
Tadauchi, O., C. Hirosawa, H. Inoue, T. Sugimoto, R. Murao, N. Takahashi, S. Sato, K. Mitai and Y. Hara, 2009. Specimen database AIIC, Asian insect information center database, based on types and normal specimens collected in Asia and the Pacific Area, Part 1. Esakia, (49): 1-5.
Entomology Database Project Group (Head: O. Tadauchi, Editors: O. Tadauchi, K. Yamagishi, Y. Konishi, M. Uchino, System administrator: H. Inoue,F. Kamitomo) holds the copyright on the entomology database ProctELKU.
Inquiries and Comments about ProctELKU Should be the Following E-mail Address.
Database ProctELKU (Osamu Tadauchi)
Faculty of Agriculture,
- Asian Insect Information Center (AIIC)
Type specimen database
- ELKUType (Type specimen database based on the collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University)
- TachikawaType (Dr. Tachikawa’s parasitic wasp type collection donated to Kyushu University)
- M.ChujoType (Dr. M.Chujo’s Coleoptera Type Collection Donated to Kyushu University)
- Bee specimen database based on the collection preserved in the Entomological Laboratory, Kyushu University, except for Prof. Tadauchi’s foreign collection (BeeELKU)
- Bee specimen database based on Dr. Hiromi Fukuda’s collection (BeeFukuda)
- Bee specimen database based on collection of Central Asia by the Kyushu University Expedition (BeeCAsia)
- Bee specimen database based on Prof. Tadauchi’s collection collected from foreign countries (BeeFTadauchi)
- Coleoptera specimen database based on Dr. Hiroyuki Sasaji’s collection (COLSasaji)
- Specimen database based on the Coleoptera collection collected in Kumamoto Prefecture, Kyushu by Mr. Isao Otsuka (COLOtsuka)
- Specimen database based on the Coleoptera collection preserved in the Laboratory of Environmental Entomology, Ehime University (COLEUMJ)
- Specimen database Based on the Rescued Damaged Specimens of the Rikuzen-Takata City Museum in Iwate Prefecture (RDS)
- Specimen database based on the Aphids prepared slide collection by Dr. Magoshiro Moritsu (APHIDMoritsu)